Royal Teacher of the year Award
The Royal Teacher of the Year Award has been instituted by Prof. Amulya Kumar Panda, former Professor of Zoology and Principal, Ravenshaw College, Cuttack in collaboration with the Royal Charitable Trust, Bhubaneswar since the year 2011. The purpose of the award is to felicitate the most inspiring college teacher of Odisha every year. It is envisaged that giving recognition to such committed teachers will not only encourage them for their self development and dedication, but will also serve the cause of promotion of quality education in the State. The Royal Teacher of the Year Award shall comprise a citation highlighting the contributions and achievements of the awardee, a shawl and a memento.
The award pertaining to a year will be given in the following year, preferably in the month of January, in the Annual Day cum Foundation Day function of the Royal College of Science and Technology (RCST).
a) Criteria for selection:
- College teachers across the state of Odisha with high reputation and integrity will be considered for the award.
- Teachers, preferably above 30 years of age, presently working in Junior, Degree and P G colleges (General Education) in the state of Odisha are eligible to apply. Teachers of technical colleges and universities are not eligible.
- Achievements of the applicant in the field concerned as well as related areas should be furnished in the application along with documents in support of academic qualifications, publications and awards received (if any) etc.
- All documents should be in English except the original certificates in any other language.
b) Procedure for Selection
- Applications should reach the Trust Office by mail and post / courier on or before 10th January 2017 of the year positively.
- Applications received after the due date shall not ordinarily be considered
- All instructions as given on the website should be followed strictly. Applications not complying with the instructions shall not be considered.